oikonomia

management of the household (community, society, humanity & biosphere) so as to increase its value to all members over the long run
oikos: household; and nomos: rules

Economics, social science concerned with the production, distribution, exchange, and consumption
of goods and services. Economists focus on the way in which individuals, groups, business enterprises,
and governments seek to achieve efficiently any economic objective they select. Other fields of study
also contribute to this knowledge: Psychology and ethics try to explain how objectives are formed;
history records changes in human objectives; sociology interprets human behavior in social contexts.
-Encarta

T12
Eeyore ponders a new career.
"Actually," Eeyore continued, "I'm thinking about a new career myself - personal growth and whatnot, and et ceteras, you know. I'm considering becoming an economist. Actually I didn't think of that myself. Owl suggested that I might be suited for it. He said someone called Thomas Carlyle said economics was the Dismal Science. That sounds most interesting."
-Winnie-the-Pooh On Success by Roger E. Allen & Stephen D. Allen

Saturday, August 19

Marketing Concepts

1) You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say:

"I am very rich. Marry me!" - That's Direct Marketing

2) You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl.

One of your friends goes up to her and pointing at you says:

"He's very rich. Marry him." - That's Advertising

3) You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and get her telephone number. The next day, you call and say:

"Hi, I'm very rich. Marry me." - That's Telemarketing

4) You're at a party and see gorgeous girl. You get up and straighten your tie, you walk up to her and pour her a drink, you open the door (of the car)for her, pick up her bag after she drops it, offer her ride and then say:

By the way, I'm rich. Will you marry me?" -

That's Public Relations

5) You're at a party and see gorgeous girl. She walks up to you and says:

You are very rich! Can you marry ! me?" -

That's B rand Recognition

6) You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say:

I am very rich. Marry me!" She gives you a nice hard slap on your face.

- That's Customer Feedback

7) You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say:

"I am very rich. Marry me!" And she introduces you to her husband.

- That's demand and supply gap

8) You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and before you say anything, another person come and tell her: "I'm rich. Will you marry me?" and she goes with him - That's competition eating into your market share

9) You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and before you say:

"I'm rich, Marry me!" your wife arrives. -

That's restriction for entering new markets

1 Comments:

Blogger ClappingTrees said...

Hahaha, great illustrations and jokes!

4:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home